Saturday, July 16, 2011

L'Occitan After Shave Balm by L'Occitane en Provence


For the past few weeks I've been using L'Occitan primarily on my neck due to the fact that I am in high beard season. I can honestly say this is the best after shave I've ever used. Typically, after a full shave, my neck gets covered in serious ingrown hair bumps and razor burn while my face goes unscathed (I use a single blade safety razor.) I've tried so many combinations of gels, liquids, balms, ointments, and unguents that my medicine cabinet looks like a barbershop that specializes in hot shaves for burn victims. After one use, my neck showed no signs of trauma. Continued use yielded the same results. The alcohol-free balm is soothing and smooth and lacks any greasiness while not being overly liquid. The scent is pleasantly spicy without being overpowering. Another nice thing about this product is that a little bit is all you need at a time. So, if you're an occasional shaver like me, you'll get a lot of traction out of a single tube. If you dread shaving for the same reasons I did, I highly recommend trying L'Occitan.

No comments: