Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Redken Roundup

Grip Tight Holding Gel

I figured I'd start this post with a type product I have almost no familiarity with. I typically keep my hair pretty short so gel is something I almost never have a use for. So, it was near serendipitous that I was asked to test Redken for Men's Grip Tight Holding Gel and found myself needing it almost a week later.

I was asked to attend a formal function last-minute and found myself without the time to get a much needed haircut. In an effort to tame my shaggy locks, I turned to the gel. The scent is the typical fresh, clean smell that you get from a lot of men's products and by no means should you take that as a negative. The gel is surprisingly thin, and not overly sticky--something I always assumed about gels. It gave my hair light, healthy looking sheen while allowing me to comb it into something respectable-looking and never hardened up (another general assumption of mine.) I'm happy to say it held up for the duration of the event. Basically, if you're a regular gel user, I think this is definitely a worthwhile product to have on your shelf.

Two more after the jump...


Mint Clean Invigorating Shampoo & Cool Finish Invigorating Conditioner

If these two products were some sort of mint candy paste I'd eat them. Seriously, they smell that good. Designed to be used in tandem, this shampoo & conditioner combo is great for an early morning shower. Both infused with peppermint, they create a tingly, cooling sensation on your scalp that's sure to un-grog the groggiest. In an industry where the messages are always the same, this is a pair of products that truly leaves you feeling clean after you use them.



No comments: